Thursday, October 8, 2009

Ideas for 48-Hour Video Race

So far, I'm not really sure what our group is going to do for the 48-hour Video Race. I haven't really conferred with my group yet, but I am sure we will have a plan before the shoot on Saturday. I am looking forward to it, though, and it should be a lot of fun. I like what the other groups in prior semesters were able to accomplish with their projects.

I especially liked what the group with the umbrella was able to do with their shoot. I thought that what they were able to accomplish with the limited resources of only a few group members, a limited location, and a very small amount of film was quite inspiring. I know that we are limited in very much the same way, and we will have to be just as, if not more, creative than they were.

I am thinking that maybe we can do something in a similar way that they did with maybe hats or masks and have the same people walk in front of the camera over and over again as if they were different characters. This would be similar to one of the the groups from the previous semester as they all walked in front of the camera over and again. I assume that they all ran around to the other side of the camera in order to consistantly enter from camera right and exit left. As I said, hopefully we can come up with something that will look good. I am sure a lot of our overall intended effect will probably depend on editing and the choices we make in the editing lab. Nonetheless, I have high hopes for what we can come up with ahead of time and execute on Saturday afternoon. I guess we will have to wait and see what happens, and what we'll be able to make of it all once we get it tranferred and into the editing room.

No comments:

Post a Comment